Have you been in an accident? Did your engine die? Did you know that you can turn that old clunker into cash? We’ll buy your junk car and pay you top dollar for it. How?
To make money off your junk car, you’ll have to decide whether you want to:
- Junk it and sell the whole thing for cash – This is the most common route people take when they realize they have a junker.
- Sell the car for parts – You can try to get more for it by selling the car for parts, but it takes more effort.
- Recycle it yourself, but you’ll have to dismantle it first – After selling the parts you can strip it down to recycle the car yourself. But goodluck.
The first option is the easiest and probably the most profitable, too. Why?
Dismantling a car is grueling work and takes a lot of skill. Then, finding someone to buy the parts once you’ve taken the vehicle apart, well, you might find a buyer … but you might not. Then you’ve gone from a junk car to parts sitting all over your yard.
Frequently Asked Questions About Junking a Car
What are the most valuable junk car parts to sell?
Here are the most valuable car parts to sell off your junked car:
- Catalytic converter
- Differential (rear-wheel drive) or transmission (4WD)
- Air conditioning compressor
- Power steering pump and lines (if equipped)
Who buys junk cars?
Junk car buyers include CarScrappers, local junkyards, online junk car buyers, Craigslist (but be careful with this one!), and more. Learn more here about who buys junk cars.
How do I part out my car for parts?
To sell your junk car for parts, you’ll have to take it apart first. Disassembling your car takes knowledge and skill so if you don’t know how to take apart a car, we recommend you hire a professional dismantler to do it for you or just junk the whole car for cash.
How do I junk my car online?
Getting an online quote for a junk car is fast and easy. Thanks to modern technology, companies like CarScrappers can give you an accurate online quote instantly!
All you have to do is enter a few details about your vehicle and wait for your quote to pop up on the screen. You’ll have to enter your vehicle’s:
- And where your vehicle is located
Read this post about how to junk a car online.