We’ve all been there - standing in our kitchen window looking into our yard and we can’t help but notice the old junk car sitting outside. Whether your vehicle was damaged in an accident, vandalized, or is simply not worth enough to justify repairing anymore, it’s likely outgrown its welcome at your home.
Getting rid of your car has likely been on your to-do list for some time, but does the task feel daunting? Are family members begging you to remove the car from the property, and while you have every intention of doing so, does it just seem too difficult to figure out towing and junk car removal? When you work with Car Scrappers, you’ll be able to get cash for your car (plus free towing) faster than you think - in many cases, even on the same day and we'll do our best to get you $500 cash for cars or more if possible!
How Long Does It Actually Take To Pick Up My Car?
Picking up a scrap car isn’t a one-size-fits-all operation, and while we’d love to tell every person that we’ll show up in the next few hours, that’s not always possible. It is common, however, to be able to have your car picked up by Car Scrappers on the same day you reach out to us.
Why is there sometimes a delay in certain situations while other pickups are more straightforward? Here are some of the things we need to consider:
- A busy day might mean that our tow trucks and flatbeds are out helping other customers, leading to a slight wait time before we can come to your home
- Similarly, tow truck drivers can’t be in two places at once, so if you place a call to us in the morning, we may not be able to come to you until the afternoon
- The safety of everyone involved is always of the utmost importance to the team at Car Scrappers - after all, we’re moving an item that weighs thousands of pounds! If there are weather conditions that might make picking up your junk car unsafe, we could delay our pickup
- Car Scrappers works with local representatives across the United States, and naturally, some parts of the country are more congested than others. Traffic issues may prevent us from completing a same day pickup
Any other range of logistical factors could require us to schedule your pickup a day out rather than completing our services on the same day.
How to Get Cash for Your Car Today (3 Steps)
If you’re new to the idea of getting rid of a junk car, you’re probably curious how you can get it off of your property and have cash in hand as soon as possible - but may be left wondering how exactly to do it. Let’s run through what you can expect when working with Car Scrappers:
- First, answer a few questions about your car using our online form. It’s best to be honest here, because the more accurate information you can give us, the better we’ll be able to provide an exact quote.
- Offers for your car might change on a day by day basis and can range dramatically depending on the condition of your vehicle, its make and model, and the price of scrap metal in your area. Using your car’s VIN, you’ll want to lock in your quote ASAP.
- You’re done! A local representative will contact you to arrange for same day pickup and will bring you your choice of cash or a cashier’s check.
Things to Remember
There’s often a lot of imagined stress around the idea of getting rid of your junk vehicle, but it doesn’t have to be that way. That’s why Car Scrappers has become America’s #1 car buyer - because we care about the experience you have from start to finish. Rather than having to haggle with someone to get a fair valuation for your vehicle and then waiting for days before someone comes to pick it up, we make selling your car online easy, quick, and painless.
Remember, it’s always our mission to provide the best service possible, and if anything tries to stand in the way of that, we’ll be fully transparent and let you know. Sometimes, things come up including:
- Not receiving the type of offer you were hoping for. Scrap metal and junk car prices can fluctuate regularly. so you might not be able to sell your junk car for $500.
- Logistics that make same day pickup difficult, like traffic and weather issues or other considerations like street or yard access
The team at Car Scrappers wants you to get the most from this process when we buy junk cars, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions! We serve the continental United States are happy to help, whether this is the first time you’ve gotten rid of a junk car or you’re just as experienced as we are. Click here to get started and on your way to enjoying hassle-free same day pickup and cash for your car!